Bayside Dental Care Office Statement Concerning COVID-19
To all patients (current and future) of Bayside Dental Care:
With all the news circulating about COVID-19 (novel coronavirus disease), it’s hard not to feel a sense of unease about our day to day lives. But rest assured, we are following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and our local health departments and implementing strategies to minimize risk to our patients and our staff. Until further notice, we will continue to run our office on a restricted schedule unless instructed to do otherwise by our local health departments.
Dental health is a vital part of overall health, and thereby we feel it is important for patients to continue with their current dental appointments when possible. As a dental office, we already undergo extraordinary infection control procedures to ensure the health of our patients and staff year-round, but we will also be taking further precautions at this time.
To increase our preventative measures for the health and safety of patients and staff, we are taking the following steps as recommended by the CDC:
• We are working to control our schedule to prevent any crowding in the office, which means that we will be doing some further schedule changes to respect social distance. We will reach out directly if changes need to be made. If you’re asked to reschedule, please understand that it’s a preventative social health measure, and we still encourage patients to keep their appointments when possible.
• Increased screening for respiratory illness during the intake and admission process including questions about recent fevers, travel overseas, and contact with those who may have been infected by the virus. On Tuesday March 17th, we will begin screening patients for fever using forehead thermometers.
• All patients who develop symptoms currently associated with COVID-19 as described by the CDC will be encouraged to follow up with their medical provider to get further testing and follow their recommendations.
• Increased frequency of housekeeping measures with a focus on cleaning contact surfaces such as tables, chairs, bathrooms, door handles, desks, and the like.
• We encourage patients to wash their hands regularly with soap and water, or with hand sanitizer on a regular basis, and especially before your dental visit. Our staff will be likewise continuing with our strict hygiene procedures.
• Increased screening of staff for respiratory illness and those who develop issues are to stay home until cleared by their doctor.
• Staff and patients are encouraged not to travel except in cases of emergency at this time to reduce the chance of infection.
This is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation and we are closely monitoring the situation within our communities. Your safety is our top priority and we will continue to assess this situation and provide updates.
If you have any other questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are here for you all during this difficult time and it is our goal to continue to treat you as safely as possible.